Saturday, October 4, 2008

presentation set: the Rose Seidler house
elevations/section, plans, 3d perspectives





after visiting and photographing the Rose Seidler house what i really came to appreciate was the intense use of colour and how this defined form and space. I decided to use this concept when developing my presentation set of drawings. For my 3d perspective i chose to mesh together frames of interior and exterior spaces which i found to be interesting and i which i thought contributed significantly to the understanding of the building as a whole. In the plan i had blocks of colour exist in the place of colourful elements i.e. curtains, doors. as representative of how colour defines and forms space. This idea i always carried through in my elevations and sections. I particularly enjoyed using the mediums that i did, mostly pen, charcoal and pastels in primary shades. Overall however I felt it was difficult to get clean crisp lines working this way, particularly when developing the bold artwork like quality inherent in the building itself. I think Layering over charcoal with pen on trace as done in the plan was probably a more successful balance and it also works in shaping depth in an otherwise flat/2d drawing.

No comments: